Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Jonny, me, & The Artist



My Jonny Bunny is here for a couple weeks! It has definitely raised my happy level by quite a few points. :)

Over the weekend, we went on a fabulous date. We dined at our favorite Middle Eastern restaurant, caught a movie at a historical theater, and then went back to his dad's house for martinis. It was lovely.

The movie we saw was The Artist. And I highly recommend you all see it, because it is spectacular!



The Artist is a 2011 French silent film, which takes place in 1927. It is one of the most breathtakingly beautiful and heartfelt romantic comedies I have ever seen.



The supremely delicious Jean Dujardin plays George Valentin, who is a dashing, sexy, and comedic silent film star in Hollywood.



The stunningly gorgeous Bérénice Bejo plays Peppy Miller, a struggling actress with a heart of gold.



The two accidentally meet and form a special bond that proves to be beneficial to both of them throughout the years.



The acting in this movie by both main stars is admirable. Words are not needed to read the emotions their faces accurately convey. Another notable performance is by John Goodman, who plays a movie director.



And since most of you already know about my unhealthy obsession with the 1920s, what review of mine would be complete without gushing over the wardrobe?! The flapper-esque 1920s style outfits Peppy Miller parades in throughout the film are quite delicious!

The music throughout the film is also divine, adding just as much depth to the plot as the acting.



Overall, The Artist is a gem. I can honestly say it is one of my favorite movies of all time. It is just that good. I hope you will see it.

32 comments:

Unknown said...

how i wish i had access to all these films!

Shannon said...

I get excited FOR you when Jonny is in town. Hahahahaha!

Stephanie said...

Your posts are always so happy when Jonny is in town!

Movies on my Mind said...

I wanna see this. I have lost my faith in film since seeing GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO remake. It went on for so long I may as well have started paying rent to the cinema staff.

JUST ME said...

I actually kind of like silent films - so I bet I would like this. As long as someone gets naked. Someone gets naked, right? If not, how is it a movie??

Bonnie said...

I want to hang out with you and Jonny so badly. Pretty sure the earth would randomly implode from the excellence.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

French Girl in Seattle said...

Glad you had so much fun with Monsieur Jonny. Since you also spent time with Monsieur Dujardin, then nothing could go wrong. I have been meaning to see The Artist. I have heard great things about it. Thank you for the review! Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

Tights Lover said...

I love movies set in the 20s as well. I definitely want to see it. It looks very good!

Hope you had a fabulous weekend!

azu said...

Alright, you've talked me into it. I now want to see it :)

It feels like forever since I last commented on here. For the last few days it's been difficult to comment because my stupid screen on my laptop will only let me see 1/4 of it. If I want to see more, I have to press the bottom left corner very tightly and the rest of my screen will magically become visible. So if I do this, I can only type with my other hand. It is so ridiculous.

Anyway, it sounds like you had a great weekend. I hope this week will be just as spectacular :)

xxxxoooooo

Anonymous said...

you guys are cute :) I love me some Middle Eastern food!

btd. said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time! I love these actors/actresses- this is a must see! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Fabulous!!! First off..."Happy 2012" and wishing you the very best on this new year doll.

Sounds like you had a blast with Johnny! He definitely brightens up your days!! Kisses gorgeous.


<3 Marina
Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

Rachel @ The Haute Notes said...

Sounds like you two had a fabulous time together!
That film sounds really interesting! I definitely want to check it out.

Sherin said...

Yay for Jonny being in town. My bff is in town next week as well and I'm so excited.
Oooo, this movie looks so interesting. Will keep an eye open for it.

Mani said...

Have to watch it!

Sarah said...

I really need to see this film!
x

Gayatri said...

My friend saw this just yesterday! And she highly recommends it too. Must watch. Now.

Sayantani Saha said...

Hey..just came across your blog..I really like it! Following you..you could follow me back if you like :)
Btw, that picture is really cute!

Josie said...

I love when Jonny visits. LOVE IT. And I've been dying to see The Artist!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Alex Byer said...

Girl, I'm glad your spirits are heading on up. You deserve the utmost happiness :) And thanks for adding another movie to my Netflix queue haha!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're feeling a bit better!

I wanted to see this movie but it's not playing anywhere within 100 miles of me.

Mabel
Mabel Time

Meri said...

That sounds like an awesome date- I love historical theaters!

Sick by Trend said...

fabulous one and how happy you are :D

xx

www.sickbytrend.com

Pratishtha Durga said...

Hey, JennyBenny! So good to see you up and shining!!! Hope this sunshine smile stays on and on.

The movie review is delicious. Must check it out!

Anonymous said...

Awe this sounds like such a great weekend!!

Elle Sees said...

I will be seeing this this weekend! So excited.

✗✗ said...

Sounds like you two had an amazing time!! As for The Artist, I would love to see this. I will definitely have to track it down. I don't think I've seen any silent film besides Nosferatu, which was amazing. So it would be thrilling to see this. There is something beautiful about a silent film.

A Very Sweet Blog said...

This looks great! I would watch it for the 20's fashions alone. hahaha

http://averysweetblog.com/

Chyrel Gomez said...

awww, made me miss spending time with my boyfriend.

Lemanie said...

I don't even think the artist came to theaters around me...I definitely want to see it!! =)

Anonymous said...

You are a very capable individual!
FiveTen Men's 5X Climbing Shoe

Anonymous said...

Good post and right to the point. I don't know if this is in fact the best place to ask but do you guys have any thoughts on where to employ some professional writers? Thanks in advance :)
Sorel Women's Helen Of Tundra Boot